'tis bean a whale my friends! do pardon my virtual absence, i became overly preoccupied with the thesbionic revival of a certain dead 2000+ years associate of mine, Jesus 'Hey guys! Whatcha doing?' Christ. the show went well, thanks for asking, special shout out to those responsible for the creation of over the counter and thru the dale day time cold medication. and since the sweeping of that theater floor, i have been tied up with things that have so little to do with watching my friends shower themselves in glitter and being secondhand glittered in the process or standing in bright lights barefoot and bearded, that all mine energies have been diverted into figuring out what the heck is going on here, why is no one drunkenly applauding my every move, and where oh where is my entourage of back up dancers?
speaking of drunkenly applauding my every move. well, no just the applauding my every move part, can't vouch for the imbibed beverage part, a male dancer friend of mine tipped me off via a messaged congratulations that i had been included on a 'BEST OF 2014' list in Dance Magazine (the heart spasm sidestepped by serendipitously omitting that it was a best/worst list, intentional or not, was much appreciated). quickly and quietly, whilst parked in the church parking lot in my grandmother's lezbaru (my words, not hers) waiting for her to get done practicing Administrative Catholicism, a google search ensued, and low and behold:
(read more of the list by clicking the part i lifted).
huzzah! yes, thank you i accept this laud for my solo piece MANIFESTO. i am deeply honored.
and perhaps now yes now would be an excellent time to announce that i will be performing a full evening length (the exact duration of which patiently awaits discovery) of said performance come late May (22nd, 23rd, 24th) at Velocity Dance Center.
you can prepare for this momentous event in one or more of several ways:
1) by keeping abreast of quasi regular, totally and not at all related to the project Updates here on this here website here.
2) by adding yourself to my lighthouse beacon of a mailing list. not only will you be kept informed of my doings, but you will be less likely to crash ashore on those sneaky shallow water rocks called I'm Home On A Weekend Night With Nothing To Do. you may sign up on the column to your right, my left. that's right, i can see you reading this.
3) to be used in conjunction with 1) and 2), watch this video on repeat:
(who are these people and why are they so amazing????)
on my end of things, i will be preparing as i do:
1) by rehearsing/thinking/plotting/snacking/writing/meditating/gyming/aquarium docenting
2) watching, on repeat, this video on: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcahs4_california-sea-cucumber-3d-renderin_tech
(no really, who are these people and why are they so amazing????)
which, come to think of it, is remarkably similar to how i spend any other day.
so, until the next belated entry, i bid you adieu.*
ilvs 'staying the course' strauss
*deepest of condolences to those affected directly and indirectly by the recent tragedy in france. sending thoughts of love and peace.